Friday 5 August 2016

Beautiful UNIBEN Graduate Turns Shoemaker (Photos)


4062311_7a855a3ffa9c4898a30bd4d408347ee9
Beautiful Nigerian lady Michelle Ekure, was born into the family of Mr. Ekure in Eku Delta State.
In order to defy joblessness, Michelle, a graduate of the department of International Studies and Diplomacy from the University of Benin, ventured into shoemaking, designing patterns and building shoes herself.

4062312_11f3c4066bee49b6b75843d42ebbac62
Michelle, in an interview with Lukmon of Wazobia Global Times USA, explained how the journey into shoemaking started for her.
See excerpts from the interview below :
Lukomon : So Why shoemaking?
Michelle : My inspiration is from God, I never knew I would be a shoemaker. I graduated from the University six years ago, after which I looked for for job, but to know avail. At sometimes I got employed by a company in Lagos, but the boss was owing too much so I left.
On how it started, there is this other company I buy sandals in Lagos and resell. They sell nice shoes, so one day I thought to myself that I can tell this people to make sandals for me with my label, so I approached them and they said yes. That was how I got my first set of shoes.
Then a friend introduced me to a guy that makes shoes. I watch him make shoes one day and I was amazed then I asked him to teach me and he did.
Lukmon : That’s a lovely beginning.
Michelle : hmm. Thanks
Lukmon : So how do you drive sales and who are your target customers?
4062313_b7512b30e86f4d8cbb9ffe048c9ece5d
Michele : My target audience are Men of honours, people like the famous Nigerians comedian Alibaba…lol . I make direct sales, but I drive more sales on social media platforms likeinstagram, facebook and twitter. Micheleleather sales per week is over 50 pairs.
Lukmon : Wow! That’s a great number. You must be a workaholic. Do you have partners?
Michelle : No, maybe someday. But I have people that are learning under me.
Lukmon: How many are your apprentice?
Michelle : There are about 6 of them and more are still coming.
Lukmon : Talking about the Nigerian famous comedian Alibaba. We’ve seen pictures of you with him. Are you in anyway related?
Michelle : No we’re not related, but he is like a father to me. He always want to see me succeed.
4062314_d8fda976581b4aeb8baf7954d4432dfa
Lukmon: So, if not shoemaking, what would you have ventured into?
Michelle : Maybe work at foreign affairs of British council or UN embassy. I love to be a diplomat .
Lukmon : Hmm. That might come to pass one day.
Michelle : Yeah. (smile)
Lukmon : So, what’s your advice to young ladies that are yet to find there ways out there?
Michelle : I always tell people I come in contact with that are looking for job to start something, anything you are good at can bring money to you or just learn a trade.
Lukmon : Is there anything else (e.g unpopular fun fact about you) you’d like to add that might be interesting to our readers ?
Michelle : Hmm… Let them find out. I’m a very interesting person be with though, I have my moment.
Lukmon : Thanks for your time, we appreciate chatting with you.
Michelle : You’re welcome

No comments:

Post a Comment